DAY 5 | SATURDAY, MAY 7
“Anything that is worth pursuing is going to require us to suffer, just a little bit”
Moving to BC has definitely inspired me to embark on a journey of self-discovery, of enhanced creativity and of continuous learning. I am a believer this is how we enhance ourselves and our lives. This journey has changes my definition of what learning looks like.
I love that the concept of learning has been forced to evolved due simply to the sheer amount of content being created these days. This is both a blessing and a curse – you can spend a lifetime buried in this content trying to make sense of it.
To me, learning can be as simple as reading a blog post, a news article or scrolling through Instagram. As long as it enhances you in some way. It makes you questions the norm or the status quo. It inspires you. It evokes change.
In the spirit of learning and growth, here’s just a few awesome people I look to for inspiration:
- Blog Society – An aussie blogger turned entrepreneur. A marketing expert and someone I can truly relate to. Her blog is great, I love her business concept.
- Mark Manson – He’s a little crass, opinionated and totally truthful. Anyone who can use the word fuck in an article 127 different times and still get a brilliant point across is someone I can get aboard. (Read his article The Subtle Art of Not Giving A Fuck).
- This American Girl – a reformed follower of the ‘American Dream’ who quit her New York life to travel, live, love and experience. She now lives in the jungles and beaches of Costa Rica living her dream. My kindred spirit.
- Chris Burkard – a self-taught photographer, an artist and a speaker. He has an incredible eye for both landscapes and moments of pure bliss and uses the ocean as his muse. He did a great Ted Talk – check it out here.
- David Usher – the lead singer from Canadian band Moist, David wrote a book last year entitled Let The Elephant’s Run which has motivated me more creatively than anything I’ve read in the last decade – worth a read!